Amy Schumer probably didn’t dream of a Christmas like this.
The actress, who is pregnant with her first child with husband Chris Fischer, posted a slideshow on Instagram that showed what pregnancy can really be like for the millions of women who suffer from severe morning sickness.
In a video, the I Feel Pretty star can be seen getting sick on the side of a road, with all the graphic detail that entails. Then she and Fischer paused to wish the person holding the camera a merry Christmas.
In another photo, Schumer is lying on the floor with her eyes closed and her pets keeping her company.
It wasn’t all bad, though. In other images, Schumer can be seen cuddling up with a pup on the couch and laughing at a video of a dance party. And to prove she is taking it all in stride, the Trainwreck actress and comedian swiped a line from John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” to caption the slideshow, writing: “And so this is Christmas” with a Christmas tree emoji.
Schumer’s pregnancy has been a difficult one. As People reports, she was hospitalized in November for hyperemesis gravidarum, a form of severe morning sickness. She returned for treatment in December, posting a picture to Instagram of herself attached to an IV with the humorous caption: “Am I glowing? #hyperemesisgravidarum.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time