The former First Lady was dressed up for the final stop on her Becoming book tour, where she spoke to another veritable shoe icon, actress Sarah Jessica Parker about her autobiography. Obama paired her golden high-heeled boots with a sunny yellow shirt dress that featured a dramatically draped skirt (all the better to see the stunning, tatement boots.)
The boots are from buzzy French fashion house Balenciaga’s Spring/Summer ’18 collection and are currently retailing for $3,900; the dress is also from Balenciaga, but is currently unavailable for sale, as it was part of the house’s Spring/Summer ’19 collection.
As might be expected, the Internet had zero chill when they saw Obama’s gilded fashion statement and wasted no time in sounding off approvingly online in many tweets.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was