The couple had a playful back and forth over the timeline of their first date in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, but it’s clear that the date—which led to the couple’s eight year marriage—was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Krasinski met Blunt through a mutual friend in 2008 while he was having dinner with actor Justin Theroux. Blunt says it was she who initially asked the other on a date.
But Krasinski begs to differ. “It was me asking for a while and you took some time, and then we finally had a date,” he explained. Once they finally had their date—regardless of how it happened—the two shared pizza at Krasinski’s apartment in West Hollywood.
The Mary Poppins Returns star, who Krasinski says has never watched an episode of the American version of The Office, chose not to elaborate on the events of that first evening together: “It’s so precious, I don’t want to talk about it,” she said.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears