Ahead of Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host sent his team out to Hollywood Boulevard to challenge people aged 22 to 37 (if they were all actually millennials, that is) to open a can of tuna fish.
“Sales of canned tuna fish have plummeted. Canned tuna consumption is down more than 40 percent over the past three decades and the tuna companies believe the reason is because millennials don’t want to go to the trouble of opening a can,” Kimmel explained. “I find that reason a little hard to believe so we decided to put the theory to the test. We went out on the street and we asked young people walking by to try to open a can of tuna.”
Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like many of the segment’s participants were up to the task.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org