Twitter users are showing their support for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn by adding three star emoji to their handles.
On Tuesday, Mueller filed a sentencing memo suggesting no jail time for Flynn, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant general, citing “substantial” cooperation with the special counsel’s investigation. Flynn is expected to be sentenced in two weeks, a year after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about conversations he had with the Russian ambassador.
Recently, some of his supporters on Twitter are calling Flynn a “hero” who should be cleared. Along with using the #ClearFlynnNow hashtag, users are adding three stars for the three-star general.
One user said the three stars in their Twitter name “means we support him and won’t stop until he is cleared. It is the next step of… #ClearFlynnNow.”
One user called Flynn the “most highly mistreated hero America has ever witnessed… No matter then sentence, I pray and feel confident @potus will pardon.”
Flynn served as Trump’s national security adviser for just 24 days before being forced to resign for lying to Vice President Mike Pence about lifting Obama-era sanctions against Russia.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022