Although he’s been impersonating President Donald Trump since before Trump was even president, Stephen Colbert had yet to break out his impression of First Lady Melania Trump — that is, until Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show.
Following a bit in which Colbert discussed former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s failure to secure a guarantee that he’d get clemency before pleading guilty, the late-night host debuted his Melania impression to raucous laughter from the audience.
“Reportedly, Cohen wanted to speed up the legal process in part because he ‘has concluded that his life has been utterly destroyed by his relationship with Mr. Trump.’ To which Melania replied, ‘Get in line,'” Colbert said, referencing a New York Times report.
He then proceeded to whip off and his glasses and begin imitating her facial expressions.
Watch the full clip below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow