Although he’s been impersonating President Donald Trump since before Trump was even president, Stephen Colbert had yet to break out his impression of First Lady Melania Trump — that is, until Tuesday night’s episode of The Late Show.
Following a bit in which Colbert discussed former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s failure to secure a guarantee that he’d get clemency before pleading guilty, the late-night host debuted his Melania impression to raucous laughter from the audience.
“Reportedly, Cohen wanted to speed up the legal process in part because he ‘has concluded that his life has been utterly destroyed by his relationship with Mr. Trump.’ To which Melania replied, ‘Get in line,'” Colbert said, referencing a New York Times report.
He then proceeded to whip off and his glasses and begin imitating her facial expressions.
Watch the full clip below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart