Pete Davidson has publicly addressed his struggle with borderline personality disorder as well as the bullying he says he has endured because of the mental illness.
The Saturday Night Live cast member, who has recently come under public scrutiny for both his breakup with Ariana Grande and a skit on SNL in which he made a controversial joke about a GOP congressional candidate who lost an eye while serving in Afghanistan, took to Instagram on Monday to share a Notes screenshot in which he spoke out against the way he has been treated by those critical of his behavior. Davidson was diagnosed with BPD in 2017.
The full post read as follows:
Davidson has previously spoken about his mental health struggles both on SNL and in interviews. “I’ve been having a lot of problems,” he told Marc Maron on the WTF podcast in September 2017. “This whole year has been a f—ing nightmare. This has been the worst year of my life, getting diagnosed with this and trying to figure out how to learn with this and live with this.”
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk