During Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host welcomed viewers back following a Thanksgiving hiatus by performing a Trump-inspired cover of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town.”
Colbert explained that the political carol, dubbed “Mueller Claus Is Comin’ to Town,” was intended to send a message to the President about what’s in store for him as special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation kicks into “high gear.”
“He sees you when you’re tweeting, he knows your hair is fake,” Colbert sang. “He knows when you’ve been bad or bad because you’re bad for goodness sake. You’re bad!”
Colbert then launched into a detailed breakdown of the controversy surrounding Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
Watch the full clip below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now