In an interview at Liberty University Wednesday as part of a town hall on the opioid crisis, Trump was asked what she has to say about the media’s coverage of her Christmas decorations. “We are in the 21st century and everybody has a different taste,” Trump said. With a smile, she added: “I think they look fantastic.”
The Liberty University audience applauded for the First Lady’s comment before she proceeded by inviting everyone to the White House to see the decorations, which feature numerous Christmas trees including rows of trees in a deep red shade that many joked resembled blood.
“In real life they look even more beautiful, and you are all very welcome to visit the White House — the ‘people’s house,'” she said.
The First Lady raised similar critiques with her 2017 decorations. Strongly resembling this year’s red tree motif, last year’s featured an array of white trees.
In the interview with Eric Bolling, a Fox News contributor who lost his son to a drug overdose, Trump also discussed her Be Best campaign, which strives to help at-risk youth.
Watch Melania Trump’s full interview here.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow