An earnest Jeopardy! contestant made the hilarious mistake of confusing country and rock musician Uncle Kracker with hip-hop artist Kid Cudi, in what quickly became a viral moment for the show on Tuesday night.
It all began when host Alex Trebek showed a photo of Uncle Kracker alongside the telling clue: “Formerly Kid Rock’s DJ, this avuncular fellow has ranged from country-pop to rap-rock.” These strong hints, however, were completely lost on eager contestant, Myra Guideng, who somehow gathered from the clues given that the “avuncular fellow” in question must be Kid Cudi, the Kanye West-endorsed rapper and hip-hop artist, who objectively looks and sounds nothing like Uncle Kracker.
Needless to say, the Internet lost it over this huge mistake, making so much noise about it online that even Kid Cudi weighed in on the situation on his Twitter account, reposting a video of the situation along with some laughing emoji of his own.
See the full post below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World