An earnest Jeopardy! contestant made the hilarious mistake of confusing country and rock musician Uncle Kracker with hip-hop artist Kid Cudi, in what quickly became a viral moment for the show on Tuesday night.
It all began when host Alex Trebek showed a photo of Uncle Kracker alongside the telling clue: “Formerly Kid Rock’s DJ, this avuncular fellow has ranged from country-pop to rap-rock.” These strong hints, however, were completely lost on eager contestant, Myra Guideng, who somehow gathered from the clues given that the “avuncular fellow” in question must be Kid Cudi, the Kanye West-endorsed rapper and hip-hop artist, who objectively looks and sounds nothing like Uncle Kracker.
Needless to say, the Internet lost it over this huge mistake, making so much noise about it online that even Kid Cudi weighed in on the situation on his Twitter account, reposting a video of the situation along with some laughing emoji of his own.
See the full post below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org