A man has been charged with raping a teenager in central Florida after a video gamer overheard the assault through an online multiplayer network.
The suspect, identified as 18-year-old Daniel Enrique Fabian, was arrested last week in Pasco County, WFLA 8 reports.
Fabian was reportedly playing Grand Theft Auto on June 28 when he told his opponent that he planned to “smash” a girl who was at his house.
According to an affidavit cited by WFLA 8, the player said Fabian stopped playing for about 15 minutes but left his microphone on. The player said he heard a girl’s voice saying “no.”
It is unclear whether the player who overheard the assault was the person who reported the crime.
An examination supported the 15-year-old victim’s allegation of sexual abuse, WFLA 8 reports. She reportedly told detectives that Fabian placed his hand over mouth, forced her onto his bed and raped her.
Fabian was also charged with raping another teenager in early June, according to WFLA 8.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk