When one of Africa’s biggest celebrities was honored as one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2013, she found that it served to amplify her influence as a human-rights and environmental activist.
“I speak, and I shout even louder,” said Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, the actress, singer and reality television star known as “Omo Sexy” in Nollywood, Nigeria’s movie industry.
Ekeinde continues to speak out about issues affecting Sierra Leone, Liberia and the Niger River Delta in her native Nigeria.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears