A pair of newlyweds were killed early Sunday morning when the helicopter that carried them from their wedding crashed in northwest Uvalde County, Texas.
Will Byler and Bailee Ackerman Byler had married in Uvalde, around 100 miles west of San Antonio, on Saturday night. The wedding was planned at the Byler family ranch, according to local news site mysanantonio.com.
The news was first reported by The Houstonian, a student newspaper at Sam Houston State University, where Byler and Ackerman Byler were both seniors.
The National Transportation Safety Board said Sunday it was investigating a crash of a Bell 206B helicopter in the area.
The Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office has not yet confirmed how many people died in the crash.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Ciara Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org