Thankfully, that’s what we get with the first official photo from Game of Thrones season 8, this week’s cover of Entertainment Weekly. The shot shows Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke cozied up to each other against a wintry backdrop while sporting some pretty steely expressions.
“End game,” reads the caption, which seems like a nod to both the final season of the show and possibly, Jon and Dany’s romance.
While Jon is decked out in his signature Stark garb, the Mother of Dragons appears to be wearing a very similar ensemble to the one she wore to fly north and rescue Jon in the season 7 episode “Beyond the Wall.”
Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to hint at anything beyond the fact that Jon and Daenerys will be spending some time in the North. Considering that Daenerys grew up in the warmer climate of Essos, this may be the only cold-weather outfit she has.
See the photo below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science