The value of the digital currency Bitcoin fell dramatically on Friday after one of the world’s largest Bitcoin exchanges halted withdrawals to deal with technical issues.
Mt. Gox, a Japan-based exchange, said on its website that the pause in withdrawals was needed to address technical problems caused by an increase in withdrawal requests. Bitcoin prices plummeted from $831 on Thursday to $658 on
Bitcoin prices fell from $831 on Thursday night to $658 on Friday morning, before rebounding to $719, CNN reports. The price of the virtual currency has been extremely volatile in recent months.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time