The value of the digital currency Bitcoin fell dramatically on Friday after one of the world’s largest Bitcoin exchanges halted withdrawals to deal with technical issues.
Mt. Gox, a Japan-based exchange, said on its website that the pause in withdrawals was needed to address technical problems caused by an increase in withdrawal requests. Bitcoin prices plummeted from $831 on Thursday to $658 on
Bitcoin prices fell from $831 on Thursday night to $658 on Friday morning, before rebounding to $719, CNN reports. The price of the virtual currency has been extremely volatile in recent months.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time