According to NBC 10 Philadelphia, 87-year-old Earl Livingston, of Blackwood, New Jersey, was en route to purchase a lottery ticket when he accidentally fell and broke his hip. After being taken to the local hospital, he told the staff that he was disappointed he didn’t get a ticket. One of the physician’s assistants then offered to let him join their hospital office pool. The office lottery pool, which included 141 of the hospital’s staff, ended up winning on a $1 million ticket.
Despite needing a hip replacement, Livingston is looking at the bright side of his hospital stay — and his lucky break.
“I want to thank everybody,” Livingston said. “I appreciate very much and God bless you and have a happy, happy long life!”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror