Filmmaker Ava DuVernay is collaborating with TIME as the guest editor of our next Optimist issue. To celebrate, we’d like you to participate in the project. Send us a short video, capturing anything that makes you feel optimistic. We may include your clip in the upcoming special project.
We hope you will join us.
—Ava DuVernay and the Editors of TIME
What is the Optimist issue?
This is an annual multimedia project from TIME focusing on what is working around the world. See stories from the first Optimist issue, guest edited by Bill Gates, here.
Who can submit?
To submit a video, you must be 18 years of age or older and agree to the terms of our Video Submission Release Agreement.
How should the video be formatted?
Please hold your phone sideways (horizontally) when recording.
When is the submission deadline?
All submissions must be received by Dec. 3, 2018.
Can I submit more than once?
Please submit only one 30-second clip.
Can my work have been published before?
This clip should be an original submission, not previously published before.
When will I know if my submission has been included?
We will attempt to notify submitters prior to publication if their video is to be included in the project.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive