Filmmaker Ava DuVernay is collaborating with TIME as the guest editor of our next Optimist issue. To celebrate, we’d like you to participate in the project. Send us a short video, capturing anything that makes you feel optimistic. We may include your clip in the upcoming special project.
We hope you will join us.
—Ava DuVernay and the Editors of TIME
What is the Optimist issue?
This is an annual multimedia project from TIME focusing on what is working around the world. See stories from the first Optimist issue, guest edited by Bill Gates, here.
Who can submit?
To submit a video, you must be 18 years of age or older and agree to the terms of our Video Submission Release Agreement.
How should the video be formatted?
Please hold your phone sideways (horizontally) when recording.
When is the submission deadline?
All submissions must be received by Dec. 3, 2018.
Can I submit more than once?
Please submit only one 30-second clip.
Can my work have been published before?
This clip should be an original submission, not previously published before.
When will I know if my submission has been included?
We will attempt to notify submitters prior to publication if their video is to be included in the project.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body