Upon showing up to their home arena, the Moda Center, players showed up in full costumes despite Halloween being over a week away. The NBA players didn’t shy away from going all out either — Blazers star and the NBA’s best aspiring rapper Damian Lillard showed up as professional wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin, complete with a “3:16” shirt, a championship belt, and a mask of Austin’s face, which earned Lillard a shoutout from Austin himself on Twitter.
Moe Harkless got plenty of laughs for donning a costume that looked like Dave Chappelle’s The Chappelle Show character Tyrone Biggums and rookies Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. put up a valiant effort by arriving in inflatable kangaroo and ostrich suits.
See the best costumes of the night below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022