Upon showing up to their home arena, the Moda Center, players showed up in full costumes despite Halloween being over a week away. The NBA players didn’t shy away from going all out either — Blazers star and the NBA’s best aspiring rapper Damian Lillard showed up as professional wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin, complete with a “3:16” shirt, a championship belt, and a mask of Austin’s face, which earned Lillard a shoutout from Austin himself on Twitter.
Moe Harkless got plenty of laughs for donning a costume that looked like Dave Chappelle’s The Chappelle Show character Tyrone Biggums and rookies Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. put up a valiant effort by arriving in inflatable kangaroo and ostrich suits.
See the best costumes of the night below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time