On Tuesday, Boston Dynamics debuted a YouTube video of their SpotMini, a four-legged robot that they’ll be selling next year as their first commercial product, dancing the Running Man to a peppy cover of “Uptown Funk.” While there’s no one specific job that the robot is made for, according to The Verge, Boston Dynamics founder Marc Raibert has said that its skills are versatile and it can be relied on for tasks like inspection duties, research, and security. And while the bot seems like it’ll be able to work hard, as this clip shows that the SpotMini will have no problem being able to play hard too.
Watch the full video of the SpotMini getting its groove on to “Uptown Funk” below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow