According to CBS Sacramento, Taylor Swift, a bongo antelope calf, broke out of her space that she shares with her mother, Penny and then made her way into a common area, to presumably assemble a squad of model best friends. Unfortunately for Swift the Bongo, however, the zoo staff staged an intervention by evacuating visitors the space so they could safely capture and return Swift to her enclosure.
In a press release, the zoo revealed that Taylor Swift returned to her enclosure within 15 minutes of her breakout and that the Bongo did not experience any major injuries from her escape. The zoo staff does not know how or why Taylor Swift was able to escape her exhibit space. Taylor Swift the singer has not yet weighed in on the matter.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms