Updated at 9:20 ET on April 9
It’s been a really good week for wage equality. First, Obama announced two measures to help close the gender wage gap among federal workers. And, in honor of what’s dubbed “Equal Pay Day,” (April 8) thousands took to Twitter using the #withoutthewagegapiwould to share what they would do with the extra cash if there were no difference between what women and men earn for comparable jobs.
The hashtag was started by Elizabeth Plank and Soraya Chemaly in their PolicyMic piece on what women could do with all that extra cash.
Even dude feminists chimed in:
(Is it just me, or does this all sound really good for the economy?)
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time