Updated at 9:20 ET on April 9
It’s been a really good week for wage equality. First, Obama announced two measures to help close the gender wage gap among federal workers. And, in honor of what’s dubbed “Equal Pay Day,” (April 8) thousands took to Twitter using the #withoutthewagegapiwould to share what they would do with the extra cash if there were no difference between what women and men earn for comparable jobs.
The hashtag was started by Elizabeth Plank and Soraya Chemaly in their PolicyMic piece on what women could do with all that extra cash.
Even dude feminists chimed in:
(Is it just me, or does this all sound really good for the economy?)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space