Updated at 9:20 ET on April 9
It’s been a really good week for wage equality. First, Obama announced two measures to help close the gender wage gap among federal workers. And, in honor of what’s dubbed “Equal Pay Day,” (April 8) thousands took to Twitter using the #withoutthewagegapiwould to share what they would do with the extra cash if there were no difference between what women and men earn for comparable jobs.
The hashtag was started by Elizabeth Plank and Soraya Chemaly in their PolicyMic piece on what women could do with all that extra cash.
Even dude feminists chimed in:
(Is it just me, or does this all sound really good for the economy?)
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma