While most ogled at the grand display of love during the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at Windsor on Friday, some were side-tracked by the mother of the bride Sarah Ferguson.
The Duchess of York arrived at Sts George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle with her other daughter, Princess Beatrice, in a perfectly tailored emerald dress by Emma Louise Design, a local Windsor company.
But the statement piece of her ensemble was truly her matching green hat complete with a gold ribbon which flared out at the back.
The high winds in Windsor meant Fergie, like many attendees, clutched onto her show-stopping head piece for dear life, though many thought it may jet off for different reasons — it resembled a snitch from the famous Harry Potter series.
BBC Three captioned a photo of Fergie on Twitter as “When you’ve got a #RoyalWedding at 11 but Harry Potter has to catch you to win a Quidditch match at 2”. Naturally, Twitter followed suit, comparing her hat to all that takes flight.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This