While most ogled at the grand display of love during the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at Windsor on Friday, some were side-tracked by the mother of the bride Sarah Ferguson.
The Duchess of York arrived at Sts George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle with her other daughter, Princess Beatrice, in a perfectly tailored emerald dress by Emma Louise Design, a local Windsor company.
But the statement piece of her ensemble was truly her matching green hat complete with a gold ribbon which flared out at the back.
The high winds in Windsor meant Fergie, like many attendees, clutched onto her show-stopping head piece for dear life, though many thought it may jet off for different reasons — it resembled a snitch from the famous Harry Potter series.
BBC Three captioned a photo of Fergie on Twitter as “When you’ve got a #RoyalWedding at 11 but Harry Potter has to catch you to win a Quidditch match at 2”. Naturally, Twitter followed suit, comparing her hat to all that takes flight.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy