First Lady Melania Trump said she is not concerned about alleged infidelity by President Donald Trump.
“I’m a mother and a First Lady, and I have much more important things to think about and to do,” Trump said. She later added: “It’s not always pleasant, of course, but I know what is right and what is wrong and what is true and not true.”
Donald Trump’s alleged affairs were brought into the spotlight this year after former porn star Stormy Daniels said she’d had a sexual relationship with Donald Trump in 2006. Melania, Trump’s third wife, was pregnant with son Barron at the time.
Daniels spoke out as she sued Trump to break an agreement made to prevent her from talking about their alleged affair and drew attention to a $130,000 hush payment she received from Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen before the 2016 presidential election.
Donald Trump has acknowledged that he reimbursed Cohen for the payment to Daniels, but says he did not have an affair.
Melania Trump insisted she and Donald Trump remain in love. “Yes, we are fine,” she said. “It’s what media speculate, and it’s gossip. It’s not always correct stuff.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org