When rapper Kanye West visited with President Donald Trump at the White House Thursday, he had a few things to say.
In an impassioned but sometimes difficult to follow 10-minute speech, West talked about the “male energy” of Trump’s 2016 campaign, the U.S. relationship with North Korea and his belief that he was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder.
“I tell you what, that was pretty impressive,” Trump said after West had finished speaking. “It was from the soul,” West responded. “I just channeled it.”
The Kanye West live stream above shows the pre-lunch meeting was also attended by former U.S. football player Jim Brown and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner.
West has been publicly supportive of Trump for several months, giving a similar speech to the audience after a performance on Saturday Night Live that was not aired.
Here are some of the highlights from the full transcript of what Kanye West said at the Trump meeting.
Kanye West on uncertainty surrounding his bipolar diagnosis
Kanye West on the 13th Amendment
Kanye West on male energy
Kanye West on Adidas
Kanye West on Trump
Kanye West on a 68-year-old prisoner whose case he was raising with Trump
Kanye West on his own speech
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement