Despite noting in her reservation that she would be bringing a support animal on the plane, the woman neglected to mention that it would be a squirrel—an animal that falls under the airline’s category of rodents and is therefore not allowed.
According to Orlando ABC affiliate WFTV, the crew called the police after the woman refused to get off the plane. Every passenger on the flight then had to deplane while the police removed the the squirrel and its owner.
The woman was eventually escorted off the plane by officers while her fellow passengers cheered. “I just want everyone to know that all passengers had to deplane my flight to Cleveland because a woman brought a SQUIRREL ON THE PLANE,” tweeted one frustrated flyer.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time