Ahead of Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host sent his team out to Holiday Boulevard for a “Lie Witness News” segment in which they asked passerby how they felt about President Donald Trump nominating Columbus to sit on the Supreme Court. The results were just as cringeworthy as expected.
“I think of all the historical figures—there’s George Washington, there’s Lincoln—Columbus might be the third that we learn the most about in elementary school, so people should know who he is, right?” Kimmel said. “There’s a lot going on in the country, so we decided to combine two of the big things going on right now. We went out on the street this afternoon and we asked people what they thought about Christopher Columbus being nominated to the Supreme Court.”
Watch the full clip below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This