Ahead of Monday’s episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host sent his team out to Holiday Boulevard for a “Lie Witness News” segment in which they asked passerby how they felt about President Donald Trump nominating Columbus to sit on the Supreme Court. The results were just as cringeworthy as expected.
“I think of all the historical figures—there’s George Washington, there’s Lincoln—Columbus might be the third that we learn the most about in elementary school, so people should know who he is, right?” Kimmel said. “There’s a lot going on in the country, so we decided to combine two of the big things going on right now. We went out on the street this afternoon and we asked people what they thought about Christopher Columbus being nominated to the Supreme Court.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up