Warning: This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones.
Judging by Sansa and Arya’s final scene together in season 7 of Game of Thrones, it’s clear the Stark sisters have never stopped missing their father. But Sophie Turner has apparently been missing him offscreen as well.
During an appearance at New York Comic-Con on Saturday, Turner told Entertainment Weekly that she got super emotional when she was reunited with Sean Bean—who played Ned Stark in Thrones‘ first season—for a forthcoming season 8 featurette. Ned was killed off in the HBO drama’s ninth episode of season one when King Joffrey ordered Ser Ilyn Payne to behead him for treason, a twist that shocked fans.
“We did a behind-the-scenes thing on the final season,” she said. “We had big panel where Sean Bean came back and everything. That was really emotional. I saw him and burst into tears. I wasn’t expecting that!”
Let’s just hope the reunion went better for Turner and Bean than their last scene together.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction