During Thursday’s episode of The Late Show, Colbert weighed in on the FBI’s investigation into Christine Blasey Ford’s claims that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were both in high school.
“The Republicans seem satisfied. Maine’s Susan Collins says, ‘It appears to be a very thorough investigation,'” Colbert said. “No it doesn’t, Susan. They interviewed nine people over five days. I’ve had more thorough investigations to find my AirPods.”
Republicans and Democrats remain at odds over the report, with Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley stating that it found “no hint of misconduct” while Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the judiciary committee, said that she believed the report was “the product of an incomplete investigation.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022