During Thursday’s episode of The Late Show, Colbert weighed in on the FBI’s investigation into Christine Blasey Ford’s claims that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were both in high school.
“The Republicans seem satisfied. Maine’s Susan Collins says, ‘It appears to be a very thorough investigation,'” Colbert said. “No it doesn’t, Susan. They interviewed nine people over five days. I’ve had more thorough investigations to find my AirPods.”
Republicans and Democrats remain at odds over the report, with Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley stating that it found “no hint of misconduct” while Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the judiciary committee, said that she believed the report was “the product of an incomplete investigation.”
Watch the full clip below.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time