After President Donald Trump commented recently that “it’s a scary time for young men in America” — referring to the sexual assault allegations leveled at Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh — this woman wrote a song that shut down the idea.
Dancer, choreographer, singer-songwriter Lynzy Lab Stewart took to social media to share a song titled “A Scary Time” that appears to be written in response to Trump’s assertion. To the tune of a melody plucked out on her ukelele, Lynzy sings about the ways in which the world has always been a dangerous place for a woman, calling out the inherent privilege for men in a patriarchal system.
Lynzy Lab’s song isn’t just a rant about Trump’s statement about male privilege, however; it’s also her call to action for her viewers to take initiative when it comes to political power by voting, something she urges fans to do at the end of the video.
Watch Lynzy Lab’s full song below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up