In the cold open skit that kicked off the episode, the SNL cast recreated Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation hearings, along with some help from special guest stars. In the skit, Kavanaugh, played by a sniffling Matt Damon, is questioned about whether or not he got “blackout” drunk by Senator Klobuchar, who was portrayed by a very passionate Rachel Dratch, a beloved SNL alum.
Dratch’s spot-on impersonation of the senator during the testimony was so good that she garnered high praise from Klobuchar herself, who took to her Twitter to commend Dratch’s performance.
“You played a good me,” Klobuchar wrote. “You were so good that you even got my daughter to text me on a Saturday night (a first).”
Dratch was quick to respond with a tweet.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com