Just seven months after the U.S. pulled out a shootout victory over Canada to win women’s hockey gold at the 2018 Winter Olympics, Duggan and Apps were married Saturday in an outdoor ceremony that took place in Pownal, Maine.
The brides both shared photos on Instagram commemorating their nuptials, with Duggan writing that Saturday was, “The most incredible day of my entire life,” while Apps captioned a shot of the pair holding hands at the reception, “Nothing but smiles after this amazing weekend.”
Duggan and Apps seem to be following in the footsteps of former U.S. and Canadian captains Julie Chu and Caroline Ouellette, who welcomed their first child together last November.
Between them, Duggan and Apps have four Olympic gold medals and 10 world titles.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time