As the host of the 2018 Fifa “The Best” Awards, Idris Elba wasn’t nominated for any of the honors of the night, but that doesn’t mean that he didn’t walk away from the awards as a winner. Elba stole the show on Monday night when he appeared on the stage wearing a waistcoat printed with a design of photos of Gareth Southgate wearing a waistcoat.
Southgate, the manager of the England National Team, is well-known for wearing fitted waistcoats, perhaps most memorably while watching his team play in the 2018 World Cup. The visual of Elba in his festive waistcoat was especially charming once Southgate also appeared on-stage, clad in a waistcoat (although not one with his visage on it, which might have been too meta.)
As might be expected, the Internet was more than thrilled with Elba’s cheeky sartorial homage to Southgate and took to social media to share their feelings about the eye-popping look.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com