Renault has cobbled together a compact SUV concept called the Kwid. It’s meant to be affordable and stylish – aimed squarely at youngsters who like selfies and don’t like traffic.
In that spirit, the Kwid sports a little flying drone that can launch from the roof of the car, buzzing up ahead of it to scout out traffic conditions or hovering above it to record your ever-exciting commute. You could then share footage and photos of you driving, for instance. A car selfie, as it were.
In the above video, you can watch Renault staffers talk about the Kwid as though it’s a tried and true product, though don’t get too excited: This is simply a concept right now, which may or may not ever make it to market. Aside from the drone thing, the driving setup is a bit unique as well. Renault imagines the resurgence of the old-timey bench seat, except this time, the driver sits in the middle, with a passenger on either side. Cozy!
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State