Renault has cobbled together a compact SUV concept called the Kwid. It’s meant to be affordable and stylish – aimed squarely at youngsters who like selfies and don’t like traffic.
In that spirit, the Kwid sports a little flying drone that can launch from the roof of the car, buzzing up ahead of it to scout out traffic conditions or hovering above it to record your ever-exciting commute. You could then share footage and photos of you driving, for instance. A car selfie, as it were.
In the above video, you can watch Renault staffers talk about the Kwid as though it’s a tried and true product, though don’t get too excited: This is simply a concept right now, which may or may not ever make it to market. Aside from the drone thing, the driving setup is a bit unique as well. Renault imagines the resurgence of the old-timey bench seat, except this time, the driver sits in the middle, with a passenger on either side. Cozy!
Renault Kwid [Renault.com via The Verge]
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk