The initial homepage Doodle shows a group of children gathered around an old-school television set for another installment of the PBS series. But if you click on the still, you can watch an extended stop motion video that features an animated Mister Rogers taking a stroll through the neighborhood while singing his iconic theme song, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”
The Doodle ends as the the show always began, with Mister Rogers speaking directly to the kids tuned in for the day’s episode. “You help to make each day a special day by just your being yourself,” he says. “There’s nobody else in the whole world who’s exactly like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.”
Watch today’s Google Doodle video below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time