The initial homepage Doodle shows a group of children gathered around an old-school television set for another installment of the PBS series. But if you click on the still, you can watch an extended stop motion video that features an animated Mister Rogers taking a stroll through the neighborhood while singing his iconic theme song, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”
The Doodle ends as the the show always began, with Mister Rogers speaking directly to the kids tuned in for the day’s episode. “You help to make each day a special day by just your being yourself,” he says. “There’s nobody else in the whole world who’s exactly like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.”
Watch today’s Google Doodle video below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022