In an ultimate move of brotherly love, Jamie Lannister showed off a tattoo of his brother’s face.
Asked if the tattoo was really Nikolaj Coster-Waldau’s, the Game of Thrones actor’s spokesperson had a definitive response in an e-mail to TIME on Wednesday: “Ha no way.”
But it appears that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the Game of Thrones actor behind Jamie Lannister wants fans to think he did, if his recent Instagram photo is any indication.
Posting on his Instagram after the 2018 Emmys — specifically, about the show’s “amazing surprise win” — Nikolaj Coster-Waldau showed an image of Tyrion’s face in ink, adding “And today I got a tattoo.”
The design shows the face of Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, who plays Jamie’s brother on the show.
A series of Game of Thrones actors have adorned their bodies with Thrones-themed tattoos though.
Most recently, Maisie Williams, who plays Arya Stark, posted an Instagram story in July teasing that she got a tattoo of the words “No One.” On The Late Late Show, Williams has told James Corden that the phrase is a quote from the show’s last season.
Prior to Williams there was also Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, sharing her “the pack survives” ink. Turner’s tattoo is considered a look into Sansa’s fate in the final season, and is derived from the quote “When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives,” which Sansa and Arya’s father Ned has said on the show.
Scroll through the photos to see Tyrion’s visage below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time