After garnering praise on the red carpet, the new mom — with beau and fellow Fargo actor Jesse Plemons in tow — had a bit of a snafu inside Los Angeles’s Microsoft Theater when, midway through the show, she apparently had difficulty finding her seat. Not to worry; Dunst and Plemons simply crouched down in the aisle, committed to staying in a central location for the evening.
“Couldn’t find our seats,” Dunst captioned an Instagram photo. The picture: a screen grab of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel actress Alex Borstein making her way to the stage to accept her award for Outstanding Supporting Actress, while behind her in the background Dunst and Plemons can be spotted in crouched position in the aisle. Not every celebrity would be willing to drop down to the ground to avoid upstaging a fellow actor for their big moment, so kudos to Dunst and Plemons for being so accommodating in their time of confusion. And not every celebrity would also go ahead and share the annotated screen grab on social media, forever marking the moment with laughter. But this is Kirsten Dunst, so all bets are off.
Plemons was nominated during the evening for his work on Black Mirror; he lost out to Darren Criss in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie category, for Criss’s role in The Assassination of Gianni Versace.
Dunst and Plemons welcomed a baby boy in May, and the Emmys marked Dunst’s first red carpet appearance since giving birth.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer