During the opening monologue of the 2018 Emmy Awards ceremony, a lot went down. But of all the reactions in the audience, Chrissy Teigen’s was perhaps the most relatable.
The opening monologue, performed by hosts Colin Jost and Michael Che, of “Saturday Night Live,” consisted of many Roseanne Barr jokes and references to the #MeToo movement.
So, leave it to the internet to seize on the moment when the camera centered on Chrissy Teigen — and she appeared to cringe and slink away in her chair.
The monologue followed a large number starring Kristen Bell, Sterling K. Brown, Kenan Thompson and other actors satirically singing “We did it!” which touched on Hollywood’s diversity issue.
Teigen’s reaction to Che and Jost’s jokes naturally became an instant meme — something Teigen is all-too-familiar with, as she’s become a meme at awards ceremonies time and time again. Certainly no stranger to Twitter fame, Teigen’s account is bursting with followers, and the internet has been enthralled by her relationship with John Legend for years.
It was destiny for Teigen’s face to become a meme during tonight’s ceremony. Here are some of the best responses on Twitter.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction