Louisiana police arrested a 31-year-old woman on Saturday for allegedly shooting her estranged husband to death in the parking lot of a Walmart, the BBC reports.
Medics attempted to resuscitate 30-year-old Thomas Couttee Jr., who police say was shot once in the chest by his wife Kayla Giles following a child custody exchange, but he died on the scene.
Alexandria Police Department have charged Giles with second degree murder and set her bail at $500,000, but no further information regarding motive has been revealed.
Family members were given custody of the three children who were present but unharmed at the time of the incident.
According to local media, Couttee had previously filed a complaint to the police about his wife’s violence. He had also filed a motion against joint child custody.
The two were married in 2014, according to the BBC.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This