Spade was found dead of suicide in her New York City apartment on June 5 at the age of 55. “Kate Spade, the visionary founder of our brand, has passed,” the company said in a tweet when the news broke. “Our thoughts are with her family at this incredibly heartbreaking time. We honor all the beauty she brought into this world.”
Prior to the introduction of new designer Nicola Glass’ spring 2019 line at the New York Public Library on Friday, the brand again honored Spade by leaving an “In loving memory” card on each attendee’s seat that read, “She left a little sparkle everywhere she went.”
Glass’ vibrant collection—featuring pastel patent boots and chic feminine silhouettes—seemed well-received by the crowd, which included high-profile guests Priyanka Chopra and Kate Bosworth.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.