According to a public filing on the California Secretary of State’s website, the fast food corporation gave $25,000 to the state’s Republican Party on Tuesday. However, the news of the donation didn’t start to go viral until the filing was tweeted out by Washington, D.C.-based reporter Gabe Schneider the next day.
“In-N-Out added a new item to their secret menu,” he wrote.
Following Schneider’s post, some angry customers began calling for a boycott of In-N-Out. “I hate that In-N-Out has probably donated to the Republican Party before now, and I gave them my business,” one Twitter user wrote. “They are my #1 favorite. No more, though.”
But others weren’t quite ready to give up their double-doubles and animal style fries.
See some of the reactions below.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time