Fans were given a glimpse of Claire Foy’s replacement, Olivia Colman, sipping tea as Queen Elizabeth in July. But it wasn’t until Tuesday that Netflix released the first photo of Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip.
The shot shows Menzies—who is known for his roles on Outlander and Game of Thrones—staring determinedly into the distance while sporting Philip’s military regalia. “Ambition,” Netflix captioned the post.
Menzies is replacing Matt Smith, who starred as Philip in the show’s first two seasons. He will appear alongside Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret, Ben Daniels as Antony Armstrong-Jones, Marion Bailey as the Queen Mother and Josh O’Connor as Prince Charles.
Season 3 of The Crown is set to air in 2019.
See the photo below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror