Thanks to developer Nerial and game publisher Devolver Digital, fans will soon be able to sit the Iron Throne in the Tinder-inspired strategy game Reigns: Game of Thrones. In this spinoff of the original Reigns, players can rule Westeros as popular characters like Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and Cersei Lannister as they swipe left or right to make decisions that will determine their fate as the king or queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
Just as is true in the show, all rulers must die. But the game allows for a variety of outcomes that could only take place in alternate Thrones timelines, such as Sansa Stark marrying Jaime Lannister.
Reigns: Game of Thrones will be available in October for $3.99 on iPhones, Android and PC via Steam.
Watch the reveal trailer below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.