Justin Jedlica, the so-called Human Ken doll who reportedly spent $150,000 on cosmetic surgery to look like Barbie’s plastic beau, is once again making it clear that he is no fan of Valeria Lukyanova, often referred to as “Human Barbie” because of her obsession with making herself look like the famous doll. In an interview with GQ, which recently ran a detailed (and weird) profile on the Ukrainian model, Human Ken recalls the moment he met Human Barbie.
And unfortunately for the inner Barbie-girl in us all, the two did not ride off in a hot pink convertible into the burnt orange Malibu sunset, giggling and canoodling while planning to purchase a three-story townhouse replete with photos of the two in silicone harmony. No, Human Ken was not impressed.
Though he calls Valeria a “cute girl,” he compares her to a drag queen and wonders why people care about her. (Author’s note: I’m trying to figure out why any of us care about either of them).
“I don’t really get her,” Jedlica told GQ. “I don’t get why people think she’s so interesting. She has extensions. She wears stage makeup. She’s an illusionist.”
Jedlica then went into detail about his plans for creating an “artistic muscle-augmentation-implant line” for all the little boys and girls out there who too dream of one day looking just as plastic. But hopefully, for the sake of humanity, those are few and far between.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time