The “Push Artist of the Year” is a new category that MTV debuted this year to highlight artists like Kiyoko. Other nominees include Noah Cyrus, Lil Xan, Chloe x Halle and Tee Grizzley.
Upon winning, the California native couldn’t contain her excitement, sharing all of her exuberant feelings with a heartfelt declaration.
“This validates any queer woman of color that you can follow your dreams.”
It appears Kiyoko was manifesting her win earlier as well, if her tweet ahead of the show indicates anything.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time