A Massachusetts man was charged with mayhem after allegedly biting off another man’s finger at a golf course, according to local media reports.
The two men got into a dispute at Southers Marsh Golf Club in Plymouth on Friday evening, WCVB reports. Police were called to the scene and found that one of the men, age 47, had apparently bitten the other man’s thumb down to the knuckle, according to MassLive. The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment, WCVB reports.
Police have not released the accused man’s identity and it was not immediately clear what caused the altercation.
Under Massachusetts law, a charge of mayhem refers to harming another person “with malicious intent to maim or disfigure.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror