A 9-year-old boy running a lemonade stand outside of Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday was robbed at gunpoint, police say.
Union County Sheriff’s Office deputies are seeking a teenager who allegedly pointed a black handgun at the boy’s stomach and took his cashbox before fleeing on a bicycle, according to WSOC-TV.
The boy had less than $20 in cash on him, Union County spokesman Tony Underwood told WSOC. “In today’s world, people are very bold,” he said. “Criminals are very bold. This is a new low.”
Deputies said the boy described the suspect, who is still at large, as a male teen wearing a camouflage hat and a black shirt. “They found the camo hat we believe was worn by the suspect,” Underwood said. “We also found a black-colored handgun we believe was the handgun that was used, turns out it was a BB gun.”
The boy reopened his lemonade stand in a new location at the community pool on Sunday, neighbors said.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction