But instead he got a little more entertainment than he bargained for, in the form of the adults with him (presumably his parents) embarrassing him on the big screen in front of the whole stadium, thanks to their vivacious dance moves.
To the dulcet tones of Flo Rida‘s seminal hit “Low,” the woman on the teen’s right happily got into the groove, while the man to his left joined in with some joyful clapping. Unfortunately, sandwiched in the middle, the teen was not feeling it; he just kept his arms resolutely crossed the whole time, despite their best efforts get him into the dancing spirit as well.
And, as Twitter commenters have noted, “This mom embarrassing her son is the mom all moms should aspire to be.”
There was more, too: during DNCE’s “Cake by the Ocean,” the cameras once again found the party. The teen even covered his eyes in mortification when his group was once again put up on the big screen. At this rate, he may try to snag seats far away from the dancing duo next time they make a trip to the baseball game.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List