Christina Hendricks is so beautiful, it’s actually dangerous to the men around her — or at least, it was for one man in particular.
Hendricks, who plays Mad Men partner Joan Harris, appeared as a guest on Conan Monday night to talk about the final season of the show. Hendricks and O’Brien discussed the look of the last season, which reflects the cultural changes of the late 1960s — ranging from facial hair to hemlines.
But the best part of the conversation was when Hendricks discussed her own looks: O’Brien asked her what it’s like for men to act “silly and dopey” around the voluptuous beauty, and Hendricks knew exactly what he was talking about.
The actress recounted a time when a man on a bike couldn’t take his eyes off her. “The guy just hit the curb and flew off his bike,” she said.
While the incident was impressively similar to what happened to Nitta Sayuri in Memoirs of a Geisha, Hendricks protested that it’s not a common occurrence. “This is just one incident!” she claimed.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons why it’s so difficult to gain access to the Mad Men set: it’s for your own safety.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time