After addressing President Donald Trump’s prediction that Russia will look to help Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections, Stephen Colbert took a few moments to celebrate the shutdown of Ivanka Trump’s fashion brand.
During Tuesday’s episode of The Late Show, the host commemorated the news that Ivanka is shuttering her namesake clothing and footwear company with some pointed comments.
“Today it was announced that Ivanka Trump is closing her namesake fashion brand,” he said. “Yeah, she’s closing down her namesake fashion brand because she wants to spend more time with her namesake fascism brand.”
Colbert went on to take a jab at the fact that Ivanka’s products were made abroad.
“Evidently, her clothes weren’t selling,” he said. “But what’s she going to do with all the unsold product? She’s got all that inventory. Well, hopefully she’ll take a cue from the losing Super Bowl teams and ship it to a developing country. Those kids deserve those clothes. After all, they made them.”
Watch the full clip below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart