After spotting Rose Byrne on the red carpet at Hollywood’s Pacific Design Center, Close staged a fainting episode right in front of her former Damages co-star. A laughing Byrne then tried to help Close up as the 71-year-old posed dramatically on the ground.
When Close eventually popped back up, the pair were all smiles as they posed together for photos, making for a picture-perfect end to the stunt.
Close and Byrne starred opposite each other on Damages from 2007-2012 as ruthless litigator Patty Hewes and her protégée Ellen Parsons, respectively.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List