Glenn Close has shockingly never won an Oscar. But during her Monday appearance at the Los Angeles premiere of The Wife, it was clear that her golden statue is more than overdue.
After spotting Rose Byrne on the red carpet at Hollywood’s Pacific Design Center, Close staged a fainting episode right in front of her former Damages co-star. A laughing Byrne then tried to help Close up as the 71-year-old posed dramatically on the ground.
When Close eventually popped back up, the pair were all smiles as they posed together for photos, making for a picture-perfect end to the stunt.
Presley Ann/Getty Images
Close and Byrne starred opposite each other on Damages from 2007-2012 as ruthless litigator Patty Hewes and her protégée Ellen Parsons, respectively.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now